In the house we are renting right now, we have now gotten ourselves locked out twice. It's because the doors open from the inside like they aren't locked even when they are. Once I was home alone with Bentley, who cried and cried until I broke in because she thought I was leaving her. SAD. Another time my sister in law was just here, and locked herself out, and had to break in through a window.
So today, we went out back to cut Travis' hair and I shut the door to the house(naturally) THEN thought to see if it was locked. It was. I knew my father in law had locked the window they broke in last time, and I also knew that now the garage side back door was locked because I made sure I locked it after I got in through that! CRAP! Let me paint this picture for you:
I'm in a tshirt and shorts, no shoes. (My usual attire at home:-)) Travis on the other hand, is in his underwear. Nothin but. Our neighbors already think we are crazy because we are LDS, so this was even more perfect. I go around front through our forest of a lawn(no lawnmower, add this to the people think we're crazy list) with no shoes on. I proceed to take off the screen to the only window into the house that hopefully we can get in. Cars driving by, our neighbor(super nice, but hasn't talked to us since we declined their offer of some beer, I'm also adding that to said list) Oh and one more thing, I have a BYU tshirt on, which around here will get you some dirty looks. I'm a BSU fan all the way, but I do have a few Y shirts. Moving on.... I get the screen off, and am trying my hardest to open a locked window. Pushing...leaning... Not happening.
I walk back around and stare at the garage door for a minute in hopes it will open by itself. Nope.
I go back into the back yard where my half naked husband is. I have never wanted a camera so bad in my life. Sprawled out on the concrete, his long arm shoved into the doggy door (we don't have pets, and just looking at a doggy door makes me worry about dog hair) and unlocking the door! He stands up just as I get there, and I of course was already laughing! Priceless.
I have never been so thankful for a doggy door, or my husbands very long wingspan!
Oh my... Let me just tell you that this story made my day... I am at work and no joke I was Laughing out loud....ha ha ha! I miss both you and your long wingspan husband... Yep Pretty Sure I'm still laughing.....
ReplyDelete