Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July!

4th of July weekend was so much fun for us.  We headed up to the cabin on Friday and hung out with my sister and her family.  Travis and I had fun putting together a scavenger hunt for the kids, they loved it too.  Sitting around the fire that night, my little brother called to let us know his wife was in the hospital getting ready to have their baby!  He kept us posted all night, and they had her the next morning!  She was a tiny little thing! 6 lbs 1 oz. Bentley was an entire 2 lbs. bigger! We still can't get over how small she is.  So sweet. I borrowed this pic from my sister in law Gabby. I have to admit I love the outfit.  I should, I  got it for her! :-)

270256_10150717271920441_618720440_19688755_2765987_n
Jersey Bev Hymas

So, we started our weekend off with a new baby girl.  It was also my niece Alexie's 14th birthday! That same day, we took off to Driggs to see what that was all about.  We weren't let down!!!  Glenn Beck was awesome, the fireworks were easily the best I've ever seen, (including Washington DC on the 4th) and the whole thing was just so patriotic and we had a blast!  Enough to make us go every year!  Bentley watched half the fireworks, then slept through the rest. The Grand Finale blew us out of the water, so loud and so long!!!  Bentley slept right through it! Here's a couple pics from that day/night.

P7020652_2
P7020666P7020655P7020668
I about died laughing when I caught a glimpse of the bum crack. Priceless. 

Monday started off with softball.  We play every year with our friends...although we NEVER have any girls so if you wanna play....let me know!  Anyway its always so much fun.  We went two and out this year...Boo.  I'm not a fan of losing.  But it was still fun to be with our friends and play.
  
268090_747721494904_193308370_36456331_4361652_n

It's also so good to see our friends' kids!  They are all getting so big, and of course we didn't get a pic of them all together in their 4th of July get up, but I did manage to catch this moment....

P7040676
Bentley loves her friend Chloe.  They are so happy to see one another and Chloe always has loves to give Bentley! She's so sweet. Surprisingly enough, Bentley didn't try to pull her hair out of excitement this time, and gave her a kiss instead! 

picnikfile_ceKHPv

After softball, we had a reunion to get to.  It was fun, I'm grateful to have married into such an awesome family!  Then it was home for Bentley (and us) to take a nap! Nap didn't happen for us...why is that always the case? Next, off to a BBQ at my sisters house.  Such good food!! We love our family and are trying to soak in all the family time we can before we move next month. More on that later, like when I have to face the facts and quit avoiding the thought. Anyway.....Bentley was as happy as ever, and she loves men! (uh-oh) In this picture, she's grinning at my brother Eric!

P7040681_2

And this is what I get to see (almost) all day long......

P7040683

We didn't go to any fireworks that night. We knew nothing would top the Driggs show.  We got to see some of our best friends the Olaveson's  who were in town, mostly so Bentley could see her boyfriend(s).  Just kidding.

We had such a fun event filled busy weekend.  I'm so proud to be American and live in this great country!  I wish there was more than just one holiday for it! 4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year.  Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment