Sunday, December 12, 2010

Growing

6 weeks old.  You're supposed to be ready to go back to work by this point right? Well even though I'm not working right now (I miss you TSD!) there is no way I'm ready to leave this for a whole day.....

DSC_0806

Bentley is outgrowing things faster than I would like! Typical mom thing to say. The other night we were laughing at how big her belly is getting.....


DSC_0805

Which then led to this....not being able to do up that button cuz it was to tight!

DSC_0819

Obviously one of her favorite things to do is EAT.  Which is fine with me...healthy and happy is what this baby has been for us!  But with all the growing SHE has been doing, I think I have grown twice as much.  She has taught me so much in her little 6 weeks of life so far, and I love her more and more each day.  Some of the things I have learned along the way....

1.  Family is so important.  Mine has helped Travis and I so much!
2.  I am so grateful for the MANY great examples that Bentley has to look up to.
3.  Heavenly Father listens and answers EVERY prayer.
4.  Formula REEKS.
5.  A tiny little human has tripled my laundry load.
6.  Naps are amazing. For both of us.
7.  Not to worry so much about tomorrow and to do lists, and just enjoy every minute I have with my husband and baby girl!

There are plenty of other things, ranging from spit up and smiles to painted fingernails and poopy diapers, but basically my point is is that I wouldn't want to be doing anything than exactly what I'm doing every day and night (physically, mentally and especially spiritually) with Bentley: GROWING.

4 comments:

  1. She is so chunky Sharis and soooo cute! The end of your post made me tear up a little :) We've been meaning to come see you for FOREVER but we've had booger noses at our house, so hopefully we can come meet her during Christmas break. So glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharis, She is so cute! Love that you leave her buttons undone... cracks me up! I'm glad you guys are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And Alfred I didn't leave them undone, I had to put different pajamas on her cuz I couldn't do those ones up...haha!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First things first her blessing dress is absolutely gorgeous! And so is she! I just love baby bellies they are the cutest. Oh and I love this post. It's so true huh :).

    ReplyDelete